Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Biodata

I am an outgoing, fun-loving and sociable girl who loves interacting and making new friends. I am humorous (I think) and never fail to make someone laugh. My good social networking skills allow me to establish numerous friendships, which I am grateful for.


Friends who held each letter to form my name! Smiles =)

I am a daredevil because I like the adrenaline rush that risk-taking provides. I am learning motor biking now though the dangers are profound. I have biked around Cambodia prior to getting a licence, not to mention the lack of helmet and safety gear. I have done trapeze in Bali even though I am afraid of heights. I have also gone on canoeing expedition in the midst of endless, choppy seas. There are numerous adventures I have yet to embark and I definitely want to complete the unfulfilled before I leave this earth. This daring nature of mine could open up more opportunities for me by doing things that people never dared do.


Biking along the roads of Cambodia.

I am radical to a certain extent and sometimes like to defy social norms. I have pierced my eyebrows once despite the throbbing pain and countless disapprovals from peers. This radical behaviour makes me a unique individual and allows me to stand out from the rest.


Sports award last year when I still had my eyebrow pierced. Don't think I left a very good impression on some of the VIPs. Haha.

I am of course sporty as well, having been in sports since I was in primary school. I am currently in the NUS dragonboat team, which is a major part of my university life now. I am competitive and like to challenge myself to see how far I can go. I am determined to achieve my goals and am willing to persevere. This has brought me numerous medals and the eventual NUS President sports team award trophy. Teamwork is the very essence in driving the entire team to greater heights. Through this experience, I have learnt how to work well with people and hone my people skills. This has definitely benefited me in the academic area where I have to work in group projects and presentations.


Receiving a medal in one of the competitions.

I champion social and environmental causes and volunteer whenever I can. I have helped out in a children’s home before and am currently a volunteer on the Pulau Semakau project aimed in conserving nature.

There are a wide variety of species at Pulau Semakau such as this species of star fish found off its sandy shores. Efforts are being done right now to conserve this island and transform it into a marine nature reserve.

I hope to make a positive impact on the world and do whatever I can to make it a better place. =) Hopefully, I can become a rich and powerful person and donate millions of dollars to the less fortunate. Hah!


I wanna be like Bill Gates. Rich and powerful who donate billions of dollars to charity. Haha. Maybe can get a Nobel Peace Prize or something!

Edited: 22/10/2008

6 comments:

Benjamin Ng said...

Hi Joyce, it was a real pleasure reading your biodata! It is obvious that you are a person with lots of enthusiasm and a great appetite for life! It’s interesting to hear that you volunteer at Pulau Semakau, what kind of work do you do there, specifically?

While there are definitely many aspects about yourself, which I’m sure you would love to share, maybe you could pick some that you feel are really outstanding and unique in order to give a more concise image of yourself.

You could also consider paragraphing some of the similar characteristics or descriptions so make you biodata easier on the eye. Apart from that, very well done! It’s obvious you’ve put a lot of work into this!

Chun Siang said...

joyce.... your biodata is so long ~
maybe you can make it shorter again ^^ ~

Wong Liang Fu said...

Hi Joyce!

A few words come to mind after reading your biodata (and doing the project with you).

Passionate, Driven, Wild, Crazy, Competitive, Sporty, Loud, Giving, Caring... and always hungry.. =)

Did i paint an accurate picture of you? =)

Max (Zong Neng) said...

Hi Joyce,

What an enjoyable biodata that is! I really love the photos you have posted as it depicts your enthusiasm for new things. However, may be you can classify the different aspects of your character to make things more concise? And shorten your biodata? If I am not wrong, you have the longest biodata. :p

Joycee said...

Hey people, thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate it.

I see that alot of you have complaint that my biodata is too long! While i was blogging about it, I just wrote whatever that came to my mind, so I wasn't aware how long it was! So I have shorten it abit already. Hope is not that long anymore...Hee.

Anyway glad that most of you guys enjoy my post. Hope my pictures will provide more entertainment and clearly show who I am as a person rather than just ranting on my blog.

And to Ben, I am volunteering at Pulau Semakau to help conserve the island by looking for species and classifying them. By doing so, we can let the public know that the island is worth conserving and in fact make it into a marine nature reserve. I haven't exactly started on the project yet but I'll be going on a fieldtrip soon! Wish me luck! Haha!

Brad Blackstone said...

You are certainly a unique young lady, Joyce! I enjoyed reading this bio, and was smiling as I imagined your brow ring still in and you riding on a Harley!

This is a good autobiographical piece, though it still may be a bit to detailed for a job biodata.

In any case, ride on, woman!